Friday, October 4, 2013

Third Time's a Charm: Seeing a Home with New Eyes

The first few weeks of home searching there were many properties that I had quickly dismissed because they did not fit into our "move-in-ready" criteria. As time went on and desperation set in a bit, we became a little more open minded, and as I mentioned in the previous post, had even started looking for land to build and fixer-uppers.

Anything I saw an email come through with "New Property in Barrington" I couldn't open the link quick enough. I was often disappointed to find that for one reason or another it wouldn't work for us.

It was October 4th and I received one such email. I quickly opened the link and found a home listed well below our price range. I recognized the one and only photo of the exterior of the home. I had seen this home when we had initially began our search and had quickly marked "Not Interested". It was interesting to see it listed as a new property, since I had first seen it listed weeks ago.

I read through the description: "...just minutes from downtown Barrington, schools and train...The sellers are offering the property in "as is" condition. Bring your ideas for updating the house with you..." Hmmm "as is condition"... intersting.

I immediately gave our realtor a call and she said she would look into it. She quickly called us back and said that the home had gone under contract not once, but twice since first listed in Spring 2013, and both times the deals had fallen through. The home was now listed for a third time and it was only Fall. We wondered about the other situations, but decided to set up a home visit anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment